Maybe it will be a lucky day 13? I just don’t know. But here’s the scoop:
Amanda seems stable now. Everyone walks by her room and says, “Are you still here?” Apparently the flu this season has been super nasty and Children’s Hospital is bursting at the seams with sick kids. Obviously, we don’t have a room yet and with the weekend coming, chances will probably be even more slim for us getting in. One doctor this morning suggested we go home for the weekend. That makes me a little nervous – but if they are comfortable with it – then I am. I already sent a note to the clinic nurse at Children’s Hospital to let her know the situation. Maybe she could push some buttons and get her in over there today. Another doctor just stopped by and said it would be up to the head Pulmonary Doctor to make the decision – home or not. I made it clear that although going home would be nice that I don’t want to do it if it’s the wrong choice for Amanda. Don’t want to risk going home and having respiratory failure.
So we are sitting on the fence – waiting to see which way we’re gonna fall. Hunkering down here another day? Getting moved to Children’s? Going home?
Stay tuned for the next episode!